Finance Incorporated Limited, a company registered under the laws of Malta, with company registration number C55838 and having its registered office at Capital Business Centre, Entrance A, Floor 2, Triq taż-Żwejt, San Ġwann, SGN 3000, Malta (hereinafter the “Company”, “us” or “we”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Finance Incorporated. Limited. is a personal data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about any potential candidate (hereinafter the “Candidate”, “you”,”your”).
This notice is aimed at informing you of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will be retained for.
It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and the local data protection law.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, i.e., in relation to the recruitment process.
• Kept securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
CANDIDATES’ PERSONAL DATA
In connection with your application, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
• The data you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae (CV) and the personal data contained in your covering letter including name, title, home/term address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, nationality, social media accounts, profession, professional memberships, educational achievements, diplomas, transcripts, languages, computer skills, identification number and any data you provide us during interviews.
• Photographs and images from recorded assessments or from onsite CCTV.
• Results of Pre employment screening checks (e.g., criminal records checks where permitted under local law)
• Any personal data provided to us about you by your referees (if applicable)
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect personal data about candidates from the following sources:
• Email/website when you submit a job application via email or through our careers section on our website (https://financeincorporated.bamboohr.com/careers?source=bamboohr)
• From publicly accessible sources including Social Network Sites such as Linkedin, etc., when you choose to provide us with a link to your profile on any Social Network Site as part of your job and whereby, we may collect your full name, email, work history, and other data included on your profile.
• Your Personal Data may be provided to us by recruitment agencies with whom you have registered an interest in working for Finance Incorporated Limited. Where a recruitment agency refers you to us, a copy of your personal details shall be processed in our recruitment database based on the information provided.
• Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: full name, periods of previous employment, performance during previous employment.
HOW WE WILL USE DATA ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
• Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
• Keep records related to our hiring processes.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
• Conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law.
• Protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law.
• Emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
– We also need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter a contract with you.
Once we receive your CV, cover letter and the results from any tests you took (if applicable), we will then process that data to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is suitable to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the data you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we may then take up references and/or any other check before confirming your appointment.
– If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application further. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
We will use your sensitive personal data only in so far as we are permitted by Law to do so:
• We will use data about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
• We will use data about your nationality or ethnicity, to assess whether a work permit and a visa will be necessary for the role.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
The Company will need to share your personal information internally. Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required for the scope of the recruitment process and may be disclosed to any of the following:
• Internally, limiting access to what is required by everyone to perform their role in the recruitment process.
• Professional advisers, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to Finance Incorporated Limited.
• Any person in connection with litigation or other legal proceedings, to obtain legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
• Any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by Law and/or Regulation.
• Any court, tribunal, Regulatory Authority or Governmental Entity.
• Any criminal records bureau, credit bureau or credit reference agency when conducting background checks.
• To third parties to provide references at your request or with your consent.
• Third parties to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under any agreement.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our specific instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
The Company shall retain your personal data for a period of 12 months after your last application date.
The Company shall retain your personal data for that period so that it can provide evidence, in the event of a legal claim, that it has not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that the recruitment process was exercised in a fair and transparent way.
The Company further retains such personal data in case a similar role becomes vacant for which you shall be a fitting candidate. After this period, the Company shall securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
We aim to ensure that personal data held about you is accurate and up to date. In this respect you also have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request that we correct any mistakes in information held about you by Us.
• Request that we delete personal data held about you by Us.
• If you want to exercise any of these rights, you can contact Us on email@example.com
Requests must be done in writing and proof of your identity will be required for any amendments and/or deletions of Personal Data.
ADDRESS DATA PROTECTION QUERIES
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer [ DPO] to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner. File a complaint – IDPC.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Finance Incorporated Limited reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice. Any changes made to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page.
Date Issued: October 2023